Sunday, March 1, 2009

Presentations


I was very impressed with all the PowerPoint presentations over the past couple of weeks. I enjoyed seeing the creativity and variety of interest of everyone in the class. However, I am supposed to only talk about three in particular so I will be discussing the presentations on Rajon Rondo, fishing, and the high school basketball competition in Pennsylvania.


I was intrigued by Jeffery's presentation on Rajon Rondo for two reasons: one, I consider myself a sports fan; and two, I consider myself a Kentucky Basketball hater. The second reason is what created my negative attitude towards Rondo in the first place. Jeffery had a couple of youtube videos that highlighted Rondo's playing ability and community service. I thought his presentation was effective in projecting Rondo in a positive light. His use of highlight videos and statistics persuaded me that Rajon Rondo my not be as bad as I had once believed.


What caught my attention about the saltwater fishing was the numerous incredible pictures of enormous fish and beautiful oceans. Fishing is certainly a topic that I claim no knowledge of, so the whole presentation was very informative to me. If you had told me some of the fish caught in the pictures were of record-breaking size, I'd have believed it. But to have a handout with actual record sizes and compare those to the fish in the pictures was fascinating.


Then there was the presentation on Inter-AC league basketball. Again another topic involving sports that I was completely clueless about. The presentation was very informative and convinced me that this was the premiere conference for high school basketball competition. Of course, there doesn't need to be much convincing with a list of players that distinct. To have three solid Division 1 basketball players in the same high school division is extremely impressive. Well, Inter-Ac had that plus Gerald Henderson, Wayne Ellington, and Sean Singletary. That's incredible.


Anyway, as I said all of the presentations have been great and I look forward to seeing the remaining ones tomorrow (or hopefully Wednesday, yay snow!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment